Skip to main content

Virgo's Candy Island / Demeter's Paradise


Virgo's Candy Island / Demeter's Paradise
oil on canvas, gallery wrapped
12x16 inches / 30.5x40.5 cm

After I painted this I went searching what to name it, as it felt a little like Perelandra (Venus) in C.S. Lewis' epic Space Trilogy, but alas it didn't feel right.
Then I found the planet GJ 504b.  It sounds like such a technical name for a planet. But the Artist's representation was gorgeous and very fitting. And the planet is found in the constellation of Virgo - hence the name.  Then through my husbands searching skills, he told me the Greek Goddess Demeter is associated with Virgo. I have my own personal back story involving Demeter so that fit too.

And my imagination went from there and I couldnt decide on a name. So it got both.

Comments

  1. I would love to own this one, but alas I don't have the money right now with Christmas coming and several more birthdays! Both Tom and I are Virgos so this would be perfect for us. You out did yourself on this one, Mel. Love it and you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very kindly Anita! <3 And you never have to worry about buying any, in fact, there are posters available on my store that are much cheaper. Not that you have any wall space left :p

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please note your comment may take some time to appear. I moderate it to weed out spam.