Skip to main content

The Adventurous Wanderer


The Adventurous Wanderer
oil on canvas, gallery wrapped
12x16 inches / 30.5x40.5 cm
not available

Online Store
20 years ago today, my sister was tugging on my toe to wake me. She casually told me 'it was time'.  And as she mildly sat there eating toast, we all rushed around to get ready to go to the hospital. I was there when my nephew was born, and he came out screaming! 
Since that day I have been honoured to have been there for his first steps, first words, first day of school, and his graduation.  And in between all those grand events, were the not so ordinary days, when we would play together, watch movies, visit museums and such, make art together, and spend time talking.  I even saved his life twice.  He has had to put up with my 'words of wisdom' and 'oh so great advice' and has taken it with stride and grace. He is also very good about how much I embarass him, like now!

He is a profound young man. Behind his quiet nature (he wasn't like that as a child) he has deep, intelligent, and unique thoughts. He is adventurous, considerate, handsome, polite, funny, and smart. And ok, maybe he has a bit of the family procrastination too :p.  And he's stubborn....also a deep rooted family trait.

He has always done things in his own time, adding to his uniqueness. And all these traits are what has made him so very special and sweet, and will give him a happy life.
So to my dear nephew that I miss every single day and love so dearly, Happy Birthday Seth.  You are a light in my world <3
  

Comments